SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#227716 - 02/24/08 06:06 AM 3WStagea the "arrangeorgan"
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Watch my video and see why I love arrangers.The lower keyboard is my old DX27 synthesizer.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=xvBaeDuSfFY

[This message has been edited by vagro (edited 02-24-2008).]

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#227717 - 02/24/08 07:14 AM Re: 3WStagea the "arrangeorgan"
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Very nice setup, Vagro. Please explain how you have the DX midi'd to the PSR. Are you still using the DX voices or just using the keyboard? The proximity of the two boards is optimal. I'm sure many of us would like to hear more about this workings of this setup, including the bass pedals and various controllers you have. Thanks for sharing.

------------------
Cass www.cassponline.com/

#227718 - 02/25/08 10:11 AM Re: 3WStagea the "arrangeorgan"
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Thanks Cassp for your interest. IŽm not using the DX voices (they are not of my taste). The DX is used in this case as a controller and plays the PSRŽs voices. I use the following set up: DX midiŽd out to the RolandŽs pedal midi in which merges the signal and it is midiŽd out to the PSR. The PSR controls the Korg which may receive up to 16 channels with program changes. The Dx is an old synth so it sends only one channel. The Korg plays the drums (channels 9 & 10) and multiple layered voices through the PSR or its own keyboard. Everything can be controlled through the PSR. The DX information is received in the PSR in one channel as a Song part and the sounds may be changed from the PSR and saved in the registration buttons as a song (I mean you memorize the voice of the Dx in song mode and save it as a registration). When you change a registration button it changes all the set up of the PSR and the song which contains the voices of the Dx and the pedal. The pedal plays the bass channel of the PSR and/or the song part.
Actually you have many ways to set up the keyboards the way you like most. I guess IŽll keep changing it according to my needs. See you.
Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online